"SHARES"

Monday, May 25, 2015

Find Your Higher Purpose (April 27, 2015)

   
Leilanie Arellano, MSN (Leadership and Health Education), BSN, PCCN Founder Inspirational Alignment Advocacy Foundation, Inc.

Leilanie is currently enrolled at University of Phoenix pursuing Doctorate Degree in Health Administration



      Discovering higher purpose can create a meaningful life. Enthusiasm in finding purpose can develop thematic connections that can unlock a strong sense of direction. Developing a deeper state of being and energy can guide in integrating forces to light an inner fire. It is crucial to find out what lights up your heart and spirit. Knowing your passion will lead to your higher purpose and once in alignment, you will be inspired to take action.




  My passion in international advocacy created a road map in fulfilling my higher purpose. Passion is my guiding framework that gives motivation to work diligently in achieving ultimate calling in life. Fostering self-development while keeping balanced with various life spheres can be challenging but this can be clearly articulated with motivation and determination. I love what I do and with persistence, I find deeper meaning in my existence. I can live life to the fullest with authenticity through a holistic approach.



        Achieving best potential is like harvesting what you have planted. Creativity, hard work and nurturing are needed in order for a seed to grow. When you enjoy what you do, it is not tiring even if the job is arduous. Like the seed of passion, innate quality surfaces, and there is a delight that is permeated in all actions.


       Last spring, I purchased a pine-cast iron sculpture called Seed that was displayed in various art galleries and exhibitions in the Phoenix Valley. A talented young artist, Elijah Bourque created Seed in 2013. I connected to the Seed because it resonated symbol of consciousness to the cycle of life. As we evolve and undergo different transformations in life, it is essential to stay in alignment with our core being and allow our true purpose in life to unfold. The seed mirrors unique consciousness of a humble beginning, and as we grow, it is vital to transcend consciously to discover higher dimensional realms.

       The sculpture was a beautiful element in my room for ten months however; I knew this was temporary. I always believed that it was meant for something greater. My purpose was to share the sculpture, so I thought of giving back to my workplace. I made a proposal to Mayo Clinic Hospital Donations Review Board for the sculpture to be donated and displayed on the Heart Transplant Unit. The sculpture was considered to be shown, but would be placed in a storage afterward. A world-class organization, the hospital receives many donations and have to be rotated for display. It was an honor for the sculpture to be considered however; the sculpture was not meant to be in storage.

      I wrote another proposal to Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI), Omicron Delta Chapter for the sculpture to be donated to the organization as a way of giving back. STTI recognized my efforts in international advocacy in 2013 and 2014 and awarded my foundation sponsorship. As an honor student in the University of Phoenix doctoral program, I was also fortunate to be awarded academic scholarship last year. The sculpture would have been accepted for display, however because of its size 35’ x 20’ the sculpture would take over space. Nevertheless, STTI was appreciative of the idea and continue to show support both in advocacy and doctoral journey.

       I did not give up my grand vision for the Seed. According to Steve Jobs, “ If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” Keeping the vision and trusting the process, I wrote another proposal to Boyce Thompson Arboretum State Park. The CEO responded and during my conversation with him over the phone, he mentioned that only one sculpture has been accepted at the Arboretum, and he had declined about 20 sculptures. He requested a photo of the sculpture for review. A few hours after sending the picture, he sent an email stating consideration to accepting the sculpture. At last, I found a home for the Seed!

       The sculpture was officially donated in February to Boyce Thompson Arboretum. It was a momentous event for Elijah and me. The Seed valued $6,800 was the second sculpture only to be accepted by the state park. So, what was special about the sculpture to be accepted? The CEO showed the connection of the sculpture to the Arboretum. I was surprised to see mini sculptures almost similar to the Seed. He said that there were about 70 mini sculptures like the Seed made from 70 different trees. What an alignment! There goes my sculpture, displayed at Boyce Thompson Arboretum among a bed of seeds!




       Like the concept and story of the Seed, we can also find our higher purpose in life. Discover passion and awaken unique gifts to blossom in highest potential. Break free from traditional patterns and status quo. Be motivated with ebullience and cultivate a sense of infinite possibilities. 






"To see things in the seed, that is genius" 
- Lao Tsu




                Property of Inspirational Alignment 

                                                


                        http://www.inspirationalalignment.com


William Felton, Master Website Designer



No comments:

Post a Comment